WebRanger is a defensive solution created by Pandora Security Labs that protects your websites from different attacks. In this tutorial, we will show you how to block any IP Address or identified attacks from an IP Address using WebRanger. Please note that automatic blocking capabilities and managed alert analysis are available on paid plans. Once you have successfully signed up to WebRanger and successfully installed it, you can now control the web application firewall (WAF) through the WebRanger Console at https://console.webranger.io.
1. First Login to your account in WebRanger Console.
2. After logging in, you will be sent to a page that looks like this. Here your Website can be seen in a dropdown list on the upper right corner. Upon selection of a website, details would appear in the different tab panels shown.
3. Next, select your website and click on the Firewall Menu.
4. You will now see a window that looks like this. Click the Add IP button for you to block an IP.
5. After clicking the Add IP Button, this window appears. You can select how long the IP address would be blocked – 4 Hours, 12 Hours, 1 Day, 1 Month or Permanently Blocked. The IP 188.8.131.52 to be blocked is chosen because it is confirmed that this IP spams on different websites but since we are unsure of its activities besides spamming, we will block its activity towards your site for 4 Hours.
6. To confirm that you have blocked the IP, the IP will show along with its duration on the list of IP Addresses under the Firewall Menu. The IP address added would no longer be able to access your website for a period of time based on the duration you have selected.